Sunday, January 25, 2009

Curry Sauce

Sauce
3 T. olive oil/butter/or preferred oil (I use olive)
1/2 c. onion chopped
1/2 green pepper and 1/2 red pepper roughly julienned (I use both just for the color and red particularly for the sweet, but 1 green pepper will work)
1 clove garlic finely chopped
1 large can 28 oz tomatoes (whole or diced though I prefer whole and roughly chop it myself)
2 heaping T. favorite curry (Are you taking another trip to London soon Lisa ;) You've spoiled me
1 t. salt
1/4 t. black pepper

Place oil in fry pan and apply heat. Add onions and cook until softened and translucent..about 3 minutes. Add garlic and heat one minute. Add remaining ingredients and cook until bubbly. (I don't like soggy peppers so I don't quick fry it, though if you prefer a softer texture, you may want to do that. Double check to make sure you added everything including spices. That's it on the sauce.

This goes great on top of a bed of rice. I also typically serve it with curry chicken.

2 comments: