Monday, March 30, 2009

Dessert Crepes


Crepes
1 c. flour
1 c. water
5 eggs
pinch salt
Mix ingredients until smooth. Let sit in refrigerator 30 minutes.

To make crepes - I find that the crepes are made easiest on a griddle preheated to 325. I am also able to make two at a time on my griddle. I use olive oil cooking spray sparingly on the griddle. I also use a soup ladle to pick up about 3 T. of egg mixture. I pour the mixture turning in a spiral while using the bottom of the ladle to spread the mixture. It may take a couple of tries at first, but you can do this! Heat until the crepe loses it's shine. You do not need to heat the other side. I set aside and immediately fill with chopped strawberries, or other preferred fruit, jelly/jam and then roll. I top with a dusting of powdered sugar using a tea strainer and add whipping cream. Feel free to try other toppings including chocolate syrup or melted chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment